Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys.
Volume 84, Number 1, October 2018
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Section||Physics of Organic Materials and Devices|
|Published online||16 November 2018|
Dielectric behavior of a quaternary composite (RE, BT, MnO2, CaO) in the band (DC–2 GHz)
Laboratoire Instrumentation Scientifique LIS, Département d'Electronique, Faculté de Technologie, Université Ferhat Abbas Sétif 1,
2 Unité de Recherche en Optique et Photonique, UROP − CDTA, Université Ferhat Abbas Sétif 1, 19000 Sétif, Algeria
3 Departamento de Física Aplicada, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Zaragoza, 50009 Zaragoza, Spain
a e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Received in final form: 18 September 2018
Accepted: 25 September 2018
Published online: 16 November 2018
The main objective of this paper is to study the dielectric behavior of a quaternary composite, made from a mixture of barium titanate (BT), manganese dioxide (MnO2) and calcium oxide (CaO) in the same epoxy resin matrix (RE) maintained at 70% by volume fraction, while those of the other constituents are variable and completing each other in a way to achieve the remaining proportion, i.e. 30%. Random mixtures are made at room temperature and under atmospheric pressure. A dielectric characterization of this mixture type was performed by time-domain spectroscopy (TDS) over a frequency wide band (DC–2 GHz). This has been carried out to illustrate the effect of two oxides (MnO2 and CaO) simultaneously at low frequency (500 MHz), in the presence of (BT), on the composite dielectric behavior. This has led consequently to make a comparison between the present acquired results and those of the ternary composite, where (MnO2) and (CaO) act separately. The results obtained so far in this study allowed us to check the validity of the modified Lichtenecker law (MLL)-based predictive model in the quaternary composite case. The interest of this study lies on applications of these materials in microelectronics circuits and absorber materials in telecommunication domain.
© EDP Sciences, 2018
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.